Save the Date: 2021 A.L.E.R.T. Law Enforcement Challenge
Join Us October 6, 2021 in Portage County
Join the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation and Community Insurance Corporation for the 2021 Advanced Law Enforcement Risk Training (A.L.E.R.T.) Law Enforcement Challenge.
Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Portage County Sheriff’s Department Rifle Range
3001 Willow Spring Drive
Stevens Point, Wisconsin 54482
Registration opens at 8:30 a.m. Mandatory instruction for all competitors: 9:00AM to 9:30AM. If you fail to attend, YOU WILL NOT COMPETE. Competition will begin 9:30AM rain or shine
2021 COMPETITION COURSE DETAILS
1. Competitor will run two hundred yards then scaling a four foot wall at (25) twenty-five yards and again at the last (25) twenty-five yards of the run.
2. Competitor will then fire their rifle (5) five times at a target (100) one hundred yards down range. The rifle will be staged at the firing line.
3. Competitor will then advance the target and fire their rifle (5) five times at a target twenty five yards away.
4. Competitor will then run an additional (50) fifty yards dragging a 150 pound dummy (25) twenty five yards while carrying their rifle, then fire their service pistol at a target (5) five yards away, while standing with their non-dominant/weak hand (3) three times, reload, and while continuing to stand, fire (3) three times at a second target (15) fifteen yards away. The competitor will then reload and fire (3) three times while standing at the final target (25) twenty five yards away.
5. Once finished the competitor will holster their pistol, run (50) fifty yards then drag the dummy (25) twenty five yards and engage a target with their rifle at (5) five yards firing (5) five times. Magazine for the rifle will be staged at the firing line. Your rifle will be on your person while shooting your pistol. At no time will you be allowed to place your rifle on the ground. You may shoot your rifle from any position with the aid of optics, bipods or shooting stick and must run with same.
2021 POINT SYSTEM
100 Points to complete course in (90) ninety seconds or less. For every second over (90) ninety seconds (1) point will be deducted.
240 Points total for shooting. Maximum point per shot (10) ten. Total shots fired: (24) twenty four.
All competitors must wear a bullet proof vest when competing.
Attire will be at competitor’s discretion. Uniform not required.
Handgun must be holstered. Duty belt not required. Competitor will have (3) three magazines or (2) two speed loaders with (9) nine rounds of ammunition. Handgun must be primary duty weapon - optics optional. Caliber of handgun must be suitable for Law Enforcement (preferably the caliber used in your service pistol).
Rifle must be 22 caliber center fire or larger. Suppressors, bipods, shooting sticks and slings or any other rests are allowed. Please note that you must run with any rest you intend to use, as well as shoot your handgun during competition, without placing same on the ground. Competitor will have (3) three magazines with (15) fifteen rounds of rifle ammunition.
While shooting eye and ear protection is required.
Targets are from Qualification Target, Hammond, WI and may be viewed online.
Target is a BT5-OPD. The (10) ten section of the target will remain at (10) ten points. The (9) nine section will be valued as (10) ten points. The (8) eight section of the target is reduced to (5) five points. All other remaining sections will be valued at (2) two points.
Competitor WILL NOT compete in the order that they register. Competitor’s name will be placed in a hat and drawn to determine the order in which they compete.
Competitor must be a client of Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation or Community Insurance Corporation.
Only one competitor is allowed per department. However, there is no limit to attendees from a department.
Lunch will be provided to all attendees.
The top three competitors' departments will receive a check made out to the department to be used at their discretion.
1st Place $10,000
2nd Place $8,000
3rd Place $6,000
Competitors will receive a check from Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation/Community Insurance Corporation, along with a plaque. A 1099 will be issued at a later date.
1st Place $1,200
2nd Place $1,000
3rd Place $800
Please contact Bruce Scott of Aegis (A Charles Taylor Company) at 414.491.1656.