COVID-19 UPDATE for 2020 Highway Safety Days and MSHA Part 46 Refresher Training
A pillar of the County Mutual and Community Insurance Corporation program is to provide extensive, budget-neutral, risk management services. With the approach of our most significant event of the year, Highway Safety Days, we wish to offer you the safety training and compliance with MSHA requirements regardless if it may be in person or via another medium.
In light of the government's direction to limit the size of groups and to engage in social distancing aimed at reducing the spread of COVID-19, we have begun to explore contingency plans for our 2020 Highway Safety Days. Please find potential options here and stay tuned to this website for the latest updates: https://conta.cc/2xQp6vV
Plan to participate in the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation and Community Insurance Corporation's 2020 Annual Highway Safety Days & MSHA Part 46 Refresher Training.
The event, held at seven separate locations on seven different dates, will be a day of learning and networking for county and municipal employees.
- See the 2020 Highway Safety Days & MSHA 46 Refresher Training flyer here with additional information.
Sponsored by Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation and Community Insurance Corporation, Highway Safety Days will include training from industry leaders and provide solutions to hazards you face.
May 5, 2020
Ullsvik Hall & Markee Pioneer Student Center
1 University Plaza, Platteville, WI 53818
May 6, 2020
Wisconsin Dells : Glacier Canyon Lodge
45 Hillman Road, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
May 7, 2020
Stevens Point: Holiday Inn & Convention Center
1001 Amber Avenue, Stevens Point, WI 54482
May 12, 2020
Cedarburg: Ozaukee County Fairgrounds
W67 N866 Washington Avenue, Cedarburg, WI 53012
May 13, 2020
Neenah: Bridgewood Resort
1000 Cameron Way, Neenah, WI 54956
May 14, 2020
Crandon: Crandon Community Center
601 West Washington Street, Crandon, WI 54520
May 20, 2020
Menomonie: UW-Stout Memorial Student Center
302 10th Avenue East, Menomonie, WI 54751
Scheduled Topics & Speakers
- Miner's Rights, MSHA and "Rules to Live By; Fatalities" (1 hour) OR "Does it Really Matter...Safety Culture" (1 hour)
- First Aid / CPR / Bloodborne Pathogens (1 hour)
- Chainsaw Safety (1 hour)
- Confined Spaces (1 hour)
- Hazard Identification (1 hour)
- Invasive Species & Pesticide Application (1 hour)
- Excavation / Trenching Awareness (1.5 hour)
- Participants qualify for 7.5 hours of MSHA Part 46 Annual Refresher Training.
- MSHA cards will be distributed on the day of training.
Please note: Counties and municipalities must add WCMIC as a Trainer to their MSHA training plan.
- Chris Hohol | President, Fire LLC
- Mike Murray | Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- KJ Dickman | Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- Carla Pipping | Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- Art Fonk | Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- Matt Zoschke | Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection
- Chris Hardy | Highway & Transportation Commissioner, Columbia County
- Jim Olive & Lee Schauman | Chainsaw Safety Specialists, LLC
- Mark England | Safety & Health Outreach Specialist, Nicolet Technical College
- Seth Johnson | Risk Management Consultant, County Mutual
- Vance Forrest | Senior Risk Management Consultant, County Mutual
- Jessica Schroeder | Risk Management Consultant, County Mutual
A hearing van will also be on site to conduct annual audiograms.