County Mutual Announces 2018 Scholarship Winners
In 2007 the Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation (County Mutual) created the scholarship program as a way to thank their members and encourage Wisconsin youth to further their education. The County Mutual board of directors allocates $10,000 per year for students who will be attending a Wisconsin college. The applicant or applicant’s spouse, parent, grandparent or guardian must be an employee of a County Mutual member county.
We are proud to announce the winners of the 2018 Wisconsin County Mutual Insurance Corporation scholarships:
- Arlie Buerger is a diagnostic medical sonography major at UW-Milwaukee. She is from Portage County.
- Kaci Wendorff is from Shawano County. She is attending UW-La Crosse and plans to focus her studies in pre-med.
- Nicholas Surprise is a biology major with a concentration in biomedical. He is attending St. Norbert College and is from Waushara County.
- Joshua Yamriska is attending UW Platteville and is majoring in mechanical engineering. He is from Columbia County.
- Abby Payne is a Sheboygan County native. She attends Concordia University and is working towards a Bachelor of Science in Sonography.
"Congratulations to this year's recipients and it is our hope these scholarships will help to reduce the financial burden of college," said County Mutual Assistant Secretary Michael Lamont. "We commend these students for their efforts and wish them the best of luck for the next school year."